Be who you are and say what you feel because those that care do not matter and those that matter do not care 
Dr. Suess

my ticker

my ticker

First of all this morning I had 7 followers and I check my blog this afternoon and I have 27! Welcome to all my newcomers!!!! Thanks Draz!!! I'm starting to feel popular now! And now when I say something relevant or ask for advice there are people to answer me - I'm super excited!!!!

Yesterday was a pretty good day eating wise, except for that afternoon snack of a mango strawberry smoothie, a 3 musketeers bar AND a reese's cup (both cups mind you)! My sweet tooth is like really really bad. I am a sugar addict. Its real pathetic, I'm like a 6 year old, I could just eat candy all day long and be quite content, unfortunately for me I don't have any side effects (except for gaining weight of course) from sugar, I'm telling you Drazil that would be such a gift for me, I'm such a baby, one migraine from sugar and I'd be done, but n0o0o0o! Well any way, I felt bad so after I made a total ass out of myself at my shake it! class (which I love by the way) I jumped on an ellipse for 30 minutes, burned 450 cals and hoped for the best, and I got it! My scale ( I think I'm gonna name it seeing as I definitely relate him to a bad boyfriend) is really trying to butter me up and it said 218.4!!! I did another yippy skippy dance, naked in my bathroom and continued on with my day (I re-clothed myself of course).

I think however its time that I take a little sabbatical from my exercise streak. I have bad knees and foot spurs (you would think I was an old lady) and at Zumba today I was in pain by half way through. By the way thanks Amy for the Zumba suggestion, its so0o0o much fun and it definitely is a work out! Last time I was losing weight my knees started to hurt and I ignored it and it only got worse until I just couldn't really do anything. So I think I need at least a day off, maybe two and some serious stretching action and maybe a little hot tub visit! Or if y'all have any ideas of low impact exercise I am totally up for suggestions!

10 comments:

LDswims said...

swimming! :)

Jacquie said...

and biking! You are right to listen to your body though, if you do too much and hurt yourself, it will be like taking steps backward!

Jenny said...

Swimming or any aqua aerobics can be a lot of fun! I'm headed to my first Zumba class tonight it the planets align correctly!

Debi said...

Walking!! I AM an old lady! So walking is about all I can do right now. LOL

I too am a total Sugar Addict!! I could eat it all day long with no consequences other than weight gain!! Sigh.

BTW, I am a new Follower of yours, sent over from Drazil's blog!!

Girl Bandit said...

Hi...Draz sent me....looking forward to following your journey

Brooke said...

Hey you- nice to meet you. Draz sent me over, too!

Since I've been banded I turned into a total sugar addict. I htink before I ate large quantities of carbs and that is sugar, eventually, but I got my hits indirectly back then. Now it's on... I got for the pure stuff and I don't sweat it too much because my cravings really kick in for 1 week in my cycle and then I'm okay. do you notice a pattern with your sugar lust?

Looking forward to reading more about your journey!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awwww - you were popular before...now you're just MORE popular. Glad more lap banders jumped on board....they are seriously THEE best. Smooches.

Pamela E. Williams said...

Zumba is sooo much fun. It had me sweating like a late freight. I agree with Jenny that water aerobics or swimming would good for you because you don't want to take a break for to long and it turn out to be to long of a break.

Sandy said...

So glad we finally found you. I didn't realize that once you start commenting, others want to join in your journey. You're doing great and I finally read some of your posts. So sorry about what you had to go through as a kid-me too. It still hurts sometimes and I'm 56. It makes me want to cry when I see or hear about how mean kids can be. But you're stonger than them and look how great you are doing. And we are all here to listen.

Maria said...

No exercise suggestions, but I can totally relate to the sugar cravings!

Post a Comment