Be who you are and say what you feel because those that care do not matter and those that matter do not care 
Dr. Suess

my ticker

my ticker

First, I would like to say, look at what time it is: 5:43, 5:43! I am currently at The Ohio State Science and Engineering Library studying for this ridiculous Earth Science Exam I have at 12:30. I came in here with only 1 bag of sun chips and  my always consistent study companion of sugar free red bull.

Well, today I have gas, Some days my stomach just feels like it is so expanded, it hurts all day, I can burp all day and it just doesn't want to go away. I have a little bit of a lactose issue and when it flares - its painful, much more so now that I have my band, I think because it just adds a bit more pressure as my lower stomach is smaller??? I don't think the red bull was helpful either because of the carbonation. My god my belly hurts right now!!!

SO as I said I am studying and I will confess studying basically equals I'm stressed and my food is crack, emotional eater syndrome kicks in. Tonight I have had: 1 large bag of harvest cheese sun chips, a smaller bag of the salsa sun chips (the library has a vending machine which always gets me into trouble) and a 3 musketeer bar. SO not wonderful, but better than the bags of candy and gyro with fires and donuts I used to have (I wish I could say before I was banded, but that 2 weeks ago when I wrote 3 papers in 2 days I ate all that - in 3 days yes, but I did eat it). I do feel good I am taking baby steps but I recognize this as my vulnerable period and I'm taking steps to do better to pat myself on the back for that.

One more thing - I LOVE MY BAND SO FRIKKEN MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why after two weeks of emotional h-e-l-l and binge eating and avoiding the scale I decided to such it up and weight myself this morning. And that thing said 216! I lost 3 pounds! I was sure I would have gained, but no and this is why I have fallen in love with that sassy little thing inside of me!

OK if I don't get back to studying I may never get trough the next 2 chapters I need to read for this damn exam!!!!!

1 comments:

Girl Bandit said...

Great weight loss....good luck on the test

Post a Comment